Sports Schedule this week:
- Tuesday, February 11 – Volleyball – Homer vs. Skyview 8 at Skyview – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 11 – Volleyball – Homer vs. Skyview B at Skyview – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 12 – Volleyball – Kenai B vs. Skyview B at Skyview – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 12 – Volleyball – Kenai 7 vs. Skyview 8 at Skyview – to follow B game
- Wednesday, February 12 – Volleyball – Kenai 8 vs. Skyview 7 at Skyview – to follow 8 game
- Thursday, February 13 – Volleyball – Homer vs. Skyview 7 at Homer – 4:00 pm
- Thursday, February 13 – Volleyball – Homer vs. Skyview B at Homer – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, February 13 – Skiing – Homer Invitational at Homer – 4:00 pm
- Friday, February 14 – Wrestling at Nikiski – 10:00 am
Skyview Spelling Bee Champion is Michael Jessen! Michael will travel to Anchorage on March 25 to compete against other school champions in hopes of winning the title of Alaska Spelling Bee Champion. Congratulations Michael!
Parent Teacher Conferences at Skyview Middle School will be: Thursday, February 13 from 4:00-7:00 pm and Monday, February 17 from 12:00-3:00 pm . Conference times need to be scheduled online. To find the link to schedule online and additional Parent/Teacher Conference information, please visit: KPBSD district web page > Schools > Skyview Middle School > Student/Parent Information > Parent/Teacher Conferences.
Panther Student Council meeting Tuesday, February 11 during FOL in Mrs. Pothast’s classroom. Activity Night sign-up sheets will be available. We will also be confirming our Parent Teacher Conference volunteers and 6th grade Site Visit helpers. The meeting FOL is available for all members to sign up now! Please see Mrs. Pothast with any questions. Thank you!
Skyview Apparel Store Now Open: Skyview officially has a school apparel store! If you are interested in purchasing shirts or sweatshirts, please contact the school office during normal office hours (7:30 am – 3:00 pm). Shirts are $15, Hoodies are $25 and Zip-up Hoodies are $30. Items will also be available for purchase during Parent/Teacher conferences.
Purchase a yearbook now! Only $30 with 2 free personal pages. Follow the link on the school blog to purchase. If you have a Tree Ring account already the passcode is: 1014914332411644. Purchase by April 3rd.
Congratulations to the January Students of the Month!
Kael Aamodt, Kadee Adams, Dalton Armstrong, Autumn Bass, Landon Bauer, Angelina Beck, Christopher Bessette, Montana Bowman, Ryan Buchanan, Nicholas Calhoun, Ariana Cannava, George Carpenter, Alina Carrillo Kompkoff, Noble Cassidy, Suwannee Chapman, Alexis Cole, Lane Cramer, Emily Day, Kiona Dexter, Makaya Eberhard, Brooklynne Erlich, Blake Ferreira, Shaun Firmin, Isabella Friend, Hunter Galleguillos, Miriah Gassler, Talon Gavalis, Easton Gentry, Mercy Gephart, Paige Hammerle, Shane Harmon, Draek’Adam Harris, Owen Hart, Shelby Hatfield, Brooklyn Hegwer, Phillip Henry, Andi Hiler, Jordan Hinz, Lydia Hopper, Marcus Hunt, Samantha Ivey, Elijah Jedlicki, Wesley Johnson, Vincint Johnston, Josie Josephson, Bryce Kampstra, Noah Kirby, Hailee Kirsch, Abednego Larson, Jessica LeClair, Boyd Lehmberg, Alexis Martinez, Savannah Mickel, Aidan Moore, Golden Musgrave, Gabriel Newcomb, Sean Norris, Morgan Noyes, Ellee Pancost, Sylus Pannell, Owen Pattock, Collin Peck, Vann Poage, Faith Poole, Frank Rabbit, Nicholas Rackley, Pyper Reger, Harland Richards, Grace Richmond, Luca Rigutto, Valentino Rigutto, Jolene Riske, Madelyn Ross, Ocean Rowe, Aubree Schneider, Abigail Secor, Chloe See, Mathyas Smith, Austin Thompson, Cody Thompson, Joey VonHeeder, Charisma Watkins, J Lee Webster, Zander Wendell, Haiden Wilkinson, Laylani Williams, Matthias Williams, Zoe Williams, Lorenzo Wilson, Danika Winslow, Kaitlyn Wolfe, Lokeni Wong, Julene Yager, Katelyn Yoder
The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District requests input from staff, parents, and community members at the districtwide KPBSD budget development meeting, scheduled at the following locations:
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 @ 6:00 p.m. in the Homer Library
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 @ 6:00 p.m. in the KCHS Library
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 @ 6:00 pm. in the Soldotna High Library
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 @ 6:00 p.m. in the Seward Library
As new budget information becomes available, it will be posted here: http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/departments.aspx?id=38. If you have questions, please call Natalie Bates at 714-8888.