Events this week!
- Monday, September 10 – First Site Council Meeting @ Skyview Middle School – 3:30 pm. A BIG thank you to this year’s members! Principal – Sarge Truesdell; Assistant Principal – Jill DuFloth; Certified Staff – Jonus Angleton; Certified Staff – Kristin Jones; Classified Staff – Carrollynn Peterson; 7th Grade Parent – Krista Arthur; 7th Grade Student – Andrew Arthur; 7th Grade Student – Jennifer Webster; 8th Grade Parent – Emily Manley; 8th Grade Student – Liliana Bahl; Community Member – Nick Sorrell.
- Wednesday, September 12 – EARLY RELEASE FOR STUDENTS – Students at Skyview Middle School will end the school day at 1:00 pm. Bus schedules have been adjusted to accommodate this time change.
- Wednesday, September 12 – School Picture Day – A picture packet has been given to all students. Please have the student bring the picture packet back to school and give to the photographer on picture day. All students are asked to have a picture taken even if not purchasing a packet.
Sports Schedule this week:
- Tuesday, September 11 – Soccer Girls A vs. Nikiski at Nikiski – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 11 – Soccer Boys A vs. Nikiski at Nikiski – 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 11 – Soccer B Team A vs. Nikiski B at Nikiski – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, September 13 – Soccer B Team A vs. Chapman at Chapman – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, September 13 – Soccer B Team P vs. Chapman at Chapman – 4:30 pm
- Friday, September 14 – Cross Country Running – Kenai Invite – 3:00 pm
Class fees and Sports fees are now entered in Power School. Payments can be made online or at the office.
Bus Information – Contact Apple Bus Company at 262-4900 for bus numbers and stop times. Bus number 139 (in town bus) is a closed bus. No bus passes will be issued, unless you physically live in that route area. If a student needs to ride a bus that is not to their home/physical address, a note from a parent/guardian is needed. The note must include the new bus number, the new street/designated stop and the number of days to ride. Notes should be brought to the office by 12:30 pm.
Morning Tutoring is available for all students Tuesday through Friday with Mrs. Johnson from 7:00 to 7:45 am.
Basketball Open Gym – Thursday afternoons beginning at 4:00 pm until intramural basketball begins October 8. Please contact Mr. Patat for more information.
Panther Student Council Member Contracts are due back to Mrs. Pothast by the end of the school day on Friday, September 14th. Contract copies can be found on the outside of Mrs. Pothast’s classroom door (C106) and signed contracts can be returned there, as well. No late contracts will be accepted. Please see Mrs. Pothast if you have any questions.
Many thanks to all those who made the first Activity Night of the school year a success! We appreciate our staff and parent volunteers – we couldn’t do it without you! Special shout out to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers who hosted a Cold Water Immersion contest complete with lots of gift cards for prizes! Congratulations to the following winners from Activity Night: Limbo – Reagan Gibbs, Grayden Musgrave, Corey Lewis; Trooper Contest – Jesse Cooper, Drew Cox, Trinity Donovan, Katie Hinz, Ethan Lowry, and Jay Brott; Candy Guessing Jars – Spencer Thompson, Carter Kincaid, Ryan Rapp, Zayra Poage, Josiah Nyman. The next Activity Night will be Thursday, October 18th. Great job to all of the Panther Student Council volunteers who worked so hard to put together a great first event!
For more Skyview news… visit the Skyview Middle School Blog at http://skyviewmiddleschool.blogs.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/wpmu/ or Like Us on Facebook!