Events this week!
- Monday, September 11 – First Site Council Meeting @ Skyview Middle School – 3:30 pm. A BIG thank you to this year’s members! Principal – Sarge Truesdell ; Assistant Principal – Jill DuFloth ; Certified Staff – Jonus Angleton ; Certified Staff – Andrea Eggleston; Classified Staff – Tiffany Eck; 7th Grade Parent – Emily Manley ; 7th Grade Student – Liliana Bahl ; 8th Grade Parent – Chris Dement ; 8th Grade Student – Carson Dement ; Community Member – Krista Arthur
- Wednesday, September 13 – EARLY RELEASE FOR STUDENTS – Students at Skyview Middle School will end the school day at 1:00 pm. Bus schedules have been adjusted to accommodate this time change.
- Thursday, September 14 – School Picture Day – A picture packet has been given to all students. Please have the student bring the picture packet back to school and give to the photographer on picture day. All students are asked to have a picture taken even if not purchasing a packet. Volunteers are still needed. Volunteers must have completed the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District’s online volunteer application and be approved.
Sports Schedule this week:
- Monday, September 11 – Soccer B Team E vs. Kenai B – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 12 – Soccer Girls A vs. Nikiski at Skyview – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 12 – Soccer B Team A vs. Nikiski B at Skyview – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 12 – Soccer Boys A vs. Nikiski at Skyview – 4:30 pm
- Friday, September 16 – Cross Country Running – Nikiski Invite – 3:00 pm
Girls Basketball Open Gym – Wednesday nights from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Please contact Mr. Patat for more information.
Morning Tutoring is available for all students on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with Mrs. Kelley from 7:00-7:45 am.
Student Council member contracts with student and parent signatures are due back to Mrs. Pothast no later than Friday, September 15th. If you wish to be a student council member and did not attend the information meeting, please see Mrs. Pothast for a contract as soon as possible. Member contracts can be turned in at Mrs. Pothast’s classroom, C106, or at the office. Contracts will not be accepted late.
Class fees are now posted to student accounts and can be paid online or in person at the school. Fees for Soccer and Cross-country Running are also posted to student accounts and may be paid at this time. Please contact the office at 260-2500 for more information.
Bus Information – Contact Apple Bus Company at 262-4900 for bus numbers and stop times. If a student needs to ride a bus that is not to their home/physical address, a note from a parent/guardian is needed. The note must include the new bus number, the new street/designated stop and the number of days to ride. Notes must be brought to the office before 12:30 pm. Bus #138 is considered a closed bus and no passes are permitted.
Many thanks to all of the parents and staff volunteers who helped supervise the first Skyview Middle School Activity Night! We could not do it without you and we are grateful for your help! Congratulations to all of our contest winners- Candy Jars Guessing: Gage Davis, Kaytlynn Walden, Guy Peterson, and Liam Wurst who guessed correctly on TWO jars. Limbo Contest: Adarra Hagelund & Quinten Cox. Paddle Pong: Adarra Hagelund, Brandie Fischer, Colby Jones, Justin Bordelon, Jordan Strausbaugh, and Brook Fischer. Extra special thanks to the Alaska State Trooper volunteers for hosting the Paddle Pong contest! A big shout out to all the Student Council Leadership students who stepped up to cover all the event shifts, take care of set up, and did awesome clean up. We appreciate all those who attended and look forward to our next Activity Night on October 13!