Sports Schedule this week:
- Monday, February 13 – Volleyball – Skyview B vs. Chapman at Chapman – 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 14 – Volleyball – Nikiski vs. Skyview 8 at Skyview – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 14 – Volleyball – Homer vs. Skyview 7 @ Skyview – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, February 16 – Volleyball – Kenai vs. Skyview 8 at Kenai – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, February 16 – Volleyball – Kenai 7 vs. Skyview 7 at Kenai – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, February 16 – Volleyball – Kenai B vs. Skyview B at Kenai – 6:00 pm
- Friday, February 17 – Volleyball – Seward vs. Skyview 7 at Seward – 3:00 pm
- Friday, February 17 – Volleyball – Seward B vs. Skyview B at Seward – 4:30 pm
- Friday, February 17 – Nordic Skiing – Homer Invitational at Homer – 3:00 pm
- Saturday, February 18 – Wrestling – Seward Take Down Tournament at Seward – 10:00 am
Winner of the Skyview Middle School Geography Bee is 8th grade student, Olivia Davis! Olivia will be taking an online test created by National Geographic in February for a chance to qualify for the state Bee. If she scores in the top 100 for the state of Alaska, she will be invited to the State Geography Bee in Anchorage in March. Congratulations to Olivia and all the students who participated in the Bee: Maddison Collinson, Dylan Dahlgren, Misty Gardiner, Justin Hansen, Jaron Kenner, Kaden Matson, Gabriel Robles and Willow Sproates.
Good luck to the Battle of the Books team that will participate in the district-wide competition on Tuesday, February 14! Members include: Staff/Teacher – Mr. Paul Marks and students – Margie Brown, Quinten Cox, Ivy Daly, Rhiley Halverson, Nicholas McConnell, Gannon McMillan.
NAEP will be administered to select eighth-grade students at Skyview Middle School on February 16.
The Panther Student Council is once again sponsoring a “Pawsitive” Panthers Community Building project for the month of February. Students and Staff are encouraged to think about ways to show kindness to others or have been the recipients of caring acts or generous gestures. Compliments from one person to another are acceptable. Students can fill out paw prints at lunch time or at Parent Teacher conferences. Paws can be dropped in the box in the front office for review prior to being posted on the entryway display. Please contact Mrs. Pothast with any questions. Thank you!
Before School Tutoring with certified teachers Mrs. Jones or Mrs. Scott – Tuesday through Friday from 7:00 to 7:50 am in the library.